Thursday, April 21, 2011

Surgery

My mom's best friend came along to sit with mom all day. We got there about 8:30, and almost after I signed in I was called back. Teena got there before us and it was good to see her before I was called back.

The nurse had to call and get a doctor's order to access my port. My bp seemed high 147 over 90. April 1, it was really low, compared to it was after school. The nurse accessed my port, and at first no blood return. I took a few deep breaths and started to turn my head to the left, and there was blood return. The IV was started. My mom, dad and Pastor Bob (pastor of my parent's church) came back. That was around 9:30am. Pastor Bob prayed with us. I was taken to OR around 10 am.

I saw both the anthesologist and Dr. Williams, the surgeon before hand. I told him, about the enlarged area on the right side of my neck, that was discovered during my massage on Monday. He'd wish I had called him, instead of Dr. Patel. I had the area from my neck, lymph nodes from under my left arm and left pelvic area removed. Also removed was the polyp. Both doctors came out to talk to my parents afterwards. Mom said they seemed upbeat, and didn't think anything looked cancerous. What was removed from my neck was just fatty tissue. I was moved to recovery about 1 pm. I ended up in surgery about 3 hours, longer than they expected.

Sometime after 3 I started to become more awake. At first most of the paid was under my left arm and my throat. My throat still hurts, and it is due to the tube that was put down my throat for surgery. Underneath my left arm is sore.

Left about 4 pm and got home around 5 pm. I have two post-op appointments in two weeks.

No comments: