Monday, April 25, 2011

Still Cancer Free!!!!!

I stayed home from school today. My left arm and underarm is still uncomfortable. I called the doctor's office to schedule my post-op appointment and to talk a nurse about my left arm. She scheduled an appointment for me to come in this afternoon and for her to look at my underarm. About noon, the nurse called to give me the biopsy news of the lymph nodes. None of my lymph nodes have cancer in them! I am still in remission! The lab is still running tests on the lymph nodes. They want to make sure there is nothing there of any sort. It will be awhile til I get those results.

I went into the surgeon's office to see the nurse, and I wasn't there very long. She looked at my underarm and said it was slightly swollen. She removed the bandage and used a syringe to remove fluid. Barely any fluid came out. That is good. She also took the bandage off of my neck. The third bandage will be removed later this evening.

I still see my onc this Friday, and both of my post-op appointments with the other two doctors are on May 5. One at 2 pm and the other at 4 pm. I will take a half day at school. I can only lift a couple of pounds.

After seeing the nurse, mom and I went over to the school so she could carry my totebag up the stairs to my classroom. It is very heavy.

No comments: