Sunday, June 04, 2006

2 Phillips, Craig & Dean songs

There are two Phillips, Craig & Dean songs that I like a lot. Sing them both at church during the worship time. The first song is "Here I am to Worship"

"Light of the world You stepped out into darkness
Opened my eyes, let me see Beauty that made this heard adore You
Hope of a life spent with You

Here I am to worship Here I am to bow down Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely Altogether worthy Altogether wonderful to me

King of all days Oh so hghly exatlted Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came to the earth You created All for lvoe's sake became poor

I'll never know how much it cost To see my sin upon that cross
I'll never know how much it cost To see my sin upon that cross"

The last four lines can at times tear me up.

The next song, there are a couple of lines that the Lord gave me during the last month of the school year. My aunt died of cancer, and my students were just being absolutely terrible. I was having bad days and bad weeks. I would think about these two lines through out the day, and it would greatly help.

Here is the second song: "You are God Alone"

"You are not a god crated by human hands
You are not a god Dependent on any mortal man
You are not a god In need of anything we can give
By your plan, that's just the way it is

chorus: You are God along From before time began
You were on Your throne You are God alone
and right now In the Godo times and bad
You are on Your throne You are God alone

You're the only God Whose power none can control
You're the only God Whose name and parise will never end
You are the only God Who's worthy of everything we can give

You are God and that's just the way it is

Bridge: Unchangeable Unshakeable Unstoppable
That's what you are

Here are the two lines that God put on my mind that just meant a lot to me, "In the good times and bad, You are on Your throne."

No comments: