Friday, June 02, 2006

How will you answer God?

One of the books I use for my daily devotions is called Experiencing God: The Daily devotional and Journal. I have been using this book since October 2000. Something stood out to me from today's reading. There was a verse mentioned that Paul wrote about answering to God about everything he said and did on Judgement Day. That got me thinking about what would I say to God about the words I haved said, my actions, my thoughts, and how I have been as a teacher. For some things, I have no idea what I would say. I will have to answer God about how I have lived up to my Mission Statement for my life or not.
Do you have a mission statement for your life? Mine is the following: "When others see me, they do not see me, but they will see Jesus instead." It is hard to live up to that at school. So many times, God is pushed to the back burner of my life during the school day. Can my students see Jesus when they see me? Do my friends and family see Jesus when they see me? I do have my struggles that I am working on totally giving to God, but it is hard. God never did say life would be a piece of cake.
Here is a verse I read today and memorized. Proverbs 2:6 (Living version) "For God gives wisdom! His every word is a treasure of knowledge and understanding.

No comments: