Friday, June 09, 2006

Scrapbooking

Today, I went to the Great American Scapbook Convention for the first time. I heard about it too late, so I couldn't crop at one of their cropping times. I love my expensive hobby of scrapbooking. I bought some page layouts that I want to use. How come all the layouts that are sold are only in 12 x12 layouts? There are people who use the 8 1/2 x 11 books as well. I have forgotten how many different books I am working on. They are all ongoing, except for one that I finish every year, the one I do of the school year. I take pics of my students doing the hands-on activities that I plan for them to do, and other things they do at school. I do a book for every school. There books for the past five years. I look forward to working on my books.
I am not into some of the different embellishments that are out there. I don't use the eyelets and brads. I use a few of the stickers/embellishments that make the pages thicker. I don't use the stamps, and a lot of the die cut makers. There are now computer programs for making page layouts and printing them up.
My biggest complaint, is that the different companies have forgotten about the teachers. The school stuff is geared towards parents doing their school years, or kids doing their own school years. Don't they realize that teachers take pictures of different activities in their classrooms and scrapbook what they do. It is hard finding stickers and papers to go with what the pictures that I take. These companies could make a killing of money off the teachers, if they would just cater to them. Some day they will wake up and realize what they have been missing, and scramble to make up for it.
I love to scrapbook. I love to take pictures. I sometimes think of page layouts when I am printing up pics from my camera. I enjoy showing my books and hearing what people say about what I have done. I feel good inside from hearing those compliments.

No comments: