Friday, June 02, 2006

The beginning

I taught 5 1/2 years for Dallas ISD, and resigned after this school year. I know you don't resign from your old job until you get a new one, but...I did. This was a bad year for me. I needed a change.
I started looking for a new job at the beginning of March. I have been to five job fairs and five interviews so far. I have applied to between 15-20 school districts all in the North TX area. I do not want to teach younger than third grade or older than sixth grade. (I did interview for an 8th grade science position.) I could be self-contained, but wouldn't want to for fourth-writing test-not my cup of tea. I have taught science and social studies for the past 5 1/2 years, 3 1/2 in fifth and 2 in fourth.
I am going to use this to talk about looking for a job and then when I do get a job, about settling into a new district.
I will also talk about my wonderful seven year old niece. Who just completed the first grade today. I so want to see my family. But probably won't because they are up in OH, and I am down here in TX looking for a job.

No comments: