Monday, June 05, 2006

Interview #6

Today, I had my sixth interview since the middle of April. I interviewed for a third or fourth grade position in Mansfield. At this school, all the grades are self-contained. I haven't taught self-contained for 10 years. I have been departmentalized basically, since I moved to TX. I answer questions and I show one of my scrapbooks. I am carrying both books for this school year with me, now. I usually just show the second book-second semester.
I answer questions about my classroom management, how would I teach a certain subject, what do I know about certain things. I do not think about questions to ask in advance. All I really do is just pray about it and leave it in God's hands.
I do ask about parent involvement (have had basically zilcho on that), class sizes, different resources I have used to see about using them again. I would be interested in teaching self-contained, or even being departmentalized. I prefer teaching between third and sixth grades.

No comments: