Friday, July 07, 2006

Family

This is hard for me to write about. My aunt died of cancer at the end of April, just a couple of weeks after turning 60. Both my grandfather and a great-aunt had a stroke yesterday. My grandfather will be 88 years old on the 14th of this month. My great-aunt is just a year or two past 80. I do not know how my great-aunt is doing. But my grandfather, is on death's door. I am going home to be with my family, and it will take me two days to drive. I am praying that I will be able to tell hime goodbye. I even told my mom, that I will go see my brother to tell him about Grandpa. My grandfather is on a breathing tube and a feeding tube.
I asked God this morning, if my other grandfather could be there to welcome this grandpa to Heaven when God takes him home. My other grandfather died 13 1/2 years ago. I have fond memories of my grandparents. When it comes time to scrapbook the last pictures of grandpa later this summer, it will be hard for me to do.
No matter how old you are, and how old your family members are, it is always rought to loose them. God knows what he is doing, but it is hard to see his goodness in what is going on in your life and theirs during the rough times.

No comments: