Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Headstones

Yesterday, Grandpa was buried. The funeral was Saturday, but it was $200 cheaper to open the grave during the week, than on the weekend. We went out to the cemetry today. Grandpa's grave is just a big pile of dirt heaped ontop of his casket, with flowers lying on top. Next to him are two of his kids, and next to them are is in-laws. Behind and to the right a bit are his parents, and his two baby brothers. My grandparents bought their plots back in 1948 for $40 a piece. They haven't even thought about headstones yet. My other grandfather, who died in 1993, still doesn't have a headstone. He is buried somewhere else.
I took pictures of the headstones that are in the family, and will put them into my scrapbook. We did take some of the flowers that were there and brought them home to put into vases. There are about 4 different bouquets at the house. We even got one from my sunday school class. Sympathy cards have been coming in the mail for grandma and for my parents.
Grandma has moved into my parents house. In the next few weeks, they will start cleaning out my grandparent's house to get it ready to sell. That is going to be hard for them to do. I will miss him for the rest of my life.

No comments: