Sunday, July 09, 2006

stories about grandpa

I had to make an emergency trip to OH. I made good time. Really only one construction area that caused problems. It is a two day drive for me, 21 hours, 1,150 miles. Went to the hospital for the evening visiting hours to see my grandfather. Was very weird to see my grandfather in a coma and connected to a ventilater. I've heard stories of what happened the two other times he was in the hospital. Very soon, I will only have my grandma left. The stroke he had caused major bleeding on his brain. The bleeding has gotten worse since he arrived at the hospital. My grandmother's sister, my great-aunt, also had a stroke on Thursday. My great-aunt, doesn't know that her brother-in-law had a stroke.
Grandpa planted a garden this spring, basically first good one in five years. The previous ones were much smaller and not very good. This year, he went with a neighbor. The neighbor told us this evening, that he had to do the planting just the way my grandpa told me too. We laughed about that. Both Grandpa Morton and my late Grandpa Sanyo, were into growing things and having gardens.
Grandpa Morton would give the whole plan of salvation when he would pray. He wants his funeral to include the message of salvation, for any nonchristians who might show up. We have already started planning his funeral. Grandpa's 88th birthday is this Friday.
My next post I will talk about more about Grandpa and his funeral. As of this writing, he is still alive.

No comments: