Friday, August 08, 2008

August Visit

This morning, I had my monthly appointment in seeing my onc. I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes. I lost another 3 pounds, with a total of 51 pounds lost in the past year. I had moved up the appointment a week, cause I thought I was moving this weekend, but I don't think I am at all.

I noticed a new spot, last night, of where I am loosing hair. The hair thinning at greatly slowed down, because of getting it cut short. I have been noticing in the last few weeks, some hair coming out. This new spot is right up front, on the left side of my head. I saw it in the mirror last night. I will be loosing hair through the end of the year, I am very thankful that the hair loss/thinning hasn't been as bad as some people have had while on Interferon.

I am expecting my white blood count to have dropped, and maybe even my platelet count, too. I had a headache that started Monday night and lasted a good 24 hours. I took a pain pill twice on Tuesday, one when I first got up and another one around supper time. had a tickle in my throat for a few days. Actually, I have a small headache right now. That is the thing about the side effects of Interferon, I never know when they will effect me and which ones.

No comments: