Friday, August 22, 2008

Short Notice Interview

After my appointment at the hospital this morning, I headed over to AU to meet with an advisor for grad school. I am starting back in January. AU doesn't have the program that I want. I am not crazy about taking classes online. What is my goal? IN 10-15 years, I want to be teaching science staff development to elementary education teachers. I want my masters in elementary ed science. The program at AU does allow you to take 15 hours in a concentration of what you want. That will allow me to take hours in science. Plus, I will have to take a couple of classes in curriculum, which will help me to understand how curriculum is written. That will be helpful for me in the future.

While I was meeting the advisor my phone rang, it was on vibrate. My dad called to tell me to call him. I called him, and he gave me a phone number. I called and left a message for this person. I was told to call a principal for a charter school. Their enrollment is up and they are looking to hire a couple of teachers at the last minute. I talked to her about 10:40 am and scheduled an appointment for noon. I went home to change clothes and get a resume packet and a scrapbook. This opening is for 4th grade-self contained. Having little experience being self-contained is a mark against me. They use FOSS (doesn't cover all of the objectives to be taught, okay), which I used in Dallas. That is a mark for me. The principal had some other interviews and hopes to make the decision by Monday morning. School starts on Monday.

Will see what comes from this.

No comments: