Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Weekend

Over the past two days, all three of my teams won, while my mom's teams lost. :) Friday night, my high school team won and my mom's lost. Indians won both Friday night and last night. They have won 6 in a row. Steelers won last night, while the Browns lost yesterday afternoon. I keep telling her, she needs to start cheering for the better team, but she won't listen to me.

Yesterday, a friend and I, went to the William McKinley Presidential Library and Museum. She went to see a certain show for a class. That place is cool. There were about 100 steps up to the monument, where President McKinley and his wife's coffins are located. There is a statue of him as well. That monument is 101 yrs old. They were both placed there in 1907, after Mrs. McKinley died. Both of their daughters who died in childhood are there in the wall behind their coffins, as well.

Inside, we saw a couple of replicas of dinosaurs, mastodon, hands on science of energy, pulleys, light, etc., hides of animals, bees, and a few live animals in cages. Mastodons are related to mammoths and today's elephants. Mastodons lived in Stark County millions of years ago. We saw an electric show and learned a bit about electricity.

I took pics in Discover World (science stuff), but wasn't able upstairs in the McKinley collection.

Was in the planetarium, and saw a video about Mars, and saw stars of what would've been visible last night, if we had a clear sky. Was cool.

Upstairs, was cool. Street of shops from the 1800's and early 1900's. A couple of old cars, wagon, White House mementos, some of their furniture, Inauguration mementos. I like that kind of stuff. I had an enjoyable time. The slide show is from the museum showing pics that I had taken.




Today after church, about 18 of us went bowling. I bowled 3 games. My scores were, 101, 87, 95. I seemed to regress during the games. I bowled at least one strike each game. The last game, I did bowl 3 spares in a row. Nobody bowled a turkey. We had fun. Many times, we were close to bowling strikes or spares, but one pin would be left standing. This was the third time I had been bowling this year.

No comments: