Thursday, August 14, 2008

OBIT: The Animals are Dead

Never shoot a skunk close to the house. Why? You can smell their spray while in the house. A few years ago, my parents heard noise in the ceiling (my bathroom ceiling to be exact). Turned out the visitors were raccoons. They left the proof behind, yellow spots in my ceiling. A few weeks ago, I heard noise in my ceiling, and even saw a couple climb the tree to the roof. The raccoons are back. This time, they are basically sticking to my bed room ceiling. Dad set out the traps, one by the tree in front of the dining room window and one on the back deck.

A few weeks ago, I posted about catching an albino skunk in one of the traps and I posted a pick that I took. The skunk was hadn't died. Was trying to starve it, didn't work. My parents think the skunk was eating the mulch. Temps have cooled down (highs in the 70s) and has rained at times. The other night, in the other trap, an opossum was caught. I took a couple pics yesterday. He bared his teeth and growled at me.

Today, our lovely pets, went bye-bye. (Yes, I was being sarcastic.) Somebody we know came out and killed them both for us. After he shot the skunk, you could smell it in the house. I closed my bedroom windows before hand, so I wouldn't have the smell in my room. Thankfully, now it is raining. Mom says the rain should help get rid of the smell. The trap with the possum was taken to the woods and shot dead. Now, I don't know how my dad is going to trap the raccoons. He will figure it out.

The three pics below are of the albino skunk and the possum.



No comments: