Monday, October 20, 2008

Basketball and Brother

This afternoon was my niece's second basketball game. She played the third quarter. I had my mom's camera and I recorded the whole quarter, so mom and grandma could watch it this evening. Mom and grandma didn't go to the game. The team did better, and was a little more aggressive. They seemed to pass the ball a lot, and then would loose the ball, because they were making long passes, and the other team would get catch the ball. The point guard would drive the ball to the black line by the basketball and try to make difficult shots, that wouldn't go in. Nobody threw a foul shot today. Jump balls are no longer done. My niece did have to dribble/drive the ball to the basket, and the shot she made didn't go in. This week's score is what I expected for last week. Final score was 12-26. Her team lost again this week. There was minutes of time when nobody scored. I did see improvement in the girls.

I found out this evening, after supper, that my brother was taken to the emergency this morning. They got him up for school, he had a fever, and went back to sleep. They think he has pneumonia. Will see how long he will be in there. Depending on where I am working the next few days, will determine if I can co see him. Hopefully, I will see him before Friday. I will be downtown on Friday, so I can definitely see him then. I thought about seeing him yesterday, but when I called after church he was napping, and sounded like they didn't want me to wake him up. My dad said he went to the hospital because I didn't go see him yesterday.

No comments: