Friday, October 03, 2008

Funny Brother Story

Wednesday was the quarterly IEP meeting for my brother. My mom goes and she told us at supper that night a couple of stories. I was laughing, because my brother is smart.

There is a girl in his class who wheres a helmet. When she is sitting at the table they take it off. They placed the helmet up high above the cabinets. My brother eyed it, and eyed it some more. He went over to the counter and started climbing. He got stuck while he was climbing. The teachers watched him and he got himself unstuck and climbed onto the counter. He reached up and pulled the helmet down. (When my brother was younger, we allowed him to climb onto the furniture.) They couldn't believe that he did it. You have to stay one step ahead of him, because he will figure it out.

They had a jumpsuit made for him. It zips in the back, purposely. My brother likes to pull out his feeding tube. When he gets to the workshop, he takes off his pants, so he can put the jumpsuit on. He likes wearing the jumpsuit.

It is a new policy at the Infusion Center to be weighed every time you go in. My vitals are taken every visit, as well. I was weighed this afternoon, and have lost a couple of pounds. I am down to 249.9 pounds. One more week of injections are left!!!!!! I worked 1 1/2 days this week. Stayed home all day yesterday. Had a fire in the fireplace going the last two nights.

No comments: