Monday, October 13, 2008

Fireproof Colors

I had one of my favorite meals for supper on Friday. Lasagna, my mom made it to celebrate that I was done with Interferon. She made two pans, with the second one in the freezer.

On Saturdays, I do not come downstairs until 10 am or later. I listen to the radio from 8:30-9:30 am. Then I do devotions and watch tv. I listen to "Down Gilead Lane" and "Adventures in Odyssey". I love those two shows. I went downstairs around 10:30 or so on Saturday. The backdoor bell rang around 11 am or so. FedEx dropped off a box, which was from me. The box came from ProFlowers out in CA. It was a box of chocolates from my SS class in honor of me finishing my treatment. That was so sweet and thoughtful of them. The chocolate is good. There is a packet of coffee in the box, which my dad is drinking.

Saturday afternoon, both my parents and myself went to the movie theatre to see Fireproof. The movie stars Kirk Cameron, and it is very good movie. Kirk plays a captain in the fire department and has been married about 7 years or so. His marriage is on the rocks. They are always snapping at each other, there is anger and bitterness between them. His wife wants a divorce. Kirk's parents come to see him (they live 4 hours away), and he tells his parents about impending divorce. His father tells him to hold off and that he will send him a book for him to read. The book is called "The Love Dare". Kirk's character reads and follows the directions in the book. The Gospel message is given throughout the movie. There are a couple of nail biter, edge of your seat rescue scenes also in the movie. I will not give the ending away. God see this wonderful movie for yourself.

Yesterday, I spent sometime with my brother. I hadn't seen him in about 3 weeks. It is always good to spend time with him.

When I got home yesterday, I stopped in the driveway to take pics of the trees. I so enjoyed my view walking down the driveway this morning to get the newspaper. The leaves are these gorgeous colors of yellow, gold, red, orange all intermixed within the still green leaves. It is a beautiful picture that God has made for us to enjoy. When people come for my party on Saturday, they sure are going to enjoy the drive up the driveway. Once we have a working computer, I will post pics of this year's fall colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got back from watching Fireproof... it was great to see such a different-flavored movie on the regular, big screen