Wednesday, October 01, 2008

New Cancer Center

4 more injections left!! Today, Summa opened their new Cancer Care Center. It is a really nice building. No more parking in the parking deck. No more walking the bridge and long hallways. Actually, I will miss that.

Go in the building and go up one flight of stairs. My onc is next door to where I go. That will make it easier to see my nurses when I go in for a checkup. The waiting room is much bigger than the old one is. A small coat rack is there. A nice new tv, but none of the tvs are hooked up yet.

Go to the back and there are like about 20 chairs/beds. The beds are enclosed in rooms with a door. The chairs look out the window and have new chairs and tvs. They are both nice. They each have a curtain for privacy. There is a visitor's chair for each chair. Way, way bigger than the old room. Good size nurse's station. Head nurse has her own desk off to the size. The oncology pharmacy is also back there, instead of calling, they can walk over to the window to order what they need. They actually now have their own ice machine. Before they had to walk over to the floor to get ice. (That is important, I get a glove of ice on Fridays to make my port area nice and cold before my port is accessed.) Each nurse has her own phone to use while at work. They can call each other when they need help. Let's just say, Summa did good by them.

I took my camera this morning, so I could have my pic taken with my nurses. Had two pics taken today. One is off on Wednesdays, and another one was busy with a patient. I will take it again on Friday. The nurses have been invited to my party later this month.

Went shopping afterwards and bought three new pairs of pants. Because of the material and how they are made, I got them in 18/20S (small, the other ones I tried on were too long). The 22/24 seem a little big. I am not officially down to a 18/20. I need to start eating yogurt again. Yogurt really does help in weight loss. Had lunch at CiCi's Pizza (my favorite place to eat at.)

No comments: