Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm Done!

Today was my last day of getting my Interferon treatment for Melanoma! Yeah!!!!!! I showed up about an hour early, I was done subbing early. (I worked every day this week, and I worked in three different school districts.)

My weight was not checked today. But as of two days ago, I have lost 56 pounds, down to 248.5 pounds. Labs were not done, since I received my last Interferon injection today. Labs will be done in two weeks. Will see where I am in two weeks when I see my onc.

They had a little party for me. Two of my nurses weren't there. I got a hug from each one. There was a certificate congratulating me on finishing my treatment. I was given two balloons, they had crepe paper up, and a cake. This was not just any cake, but ice cream cake! They bought an ice cream cake for me.

I in turn had a thank you card and a container of brownies for them. My nurses have been wonderful! While my temp was being taken, the pharmacist came out and did a quick jig for me. I started laughing. It was funny! The nurses are coming to my party next week.

Party is in 8 more days! It is a week from tomorrow. Will be food, fun, and fellowship. Celebrating the end of my treatment.

I see my onc in two weeks, and a week later, a derm to check out a spot on my right thigh. I will have a full body check in January. When I see my onc, will find out more about follow-up and will make a complete decision about my port.

No more injections!!!!!!! No more injections!!!!!!!!!! No more Interferon!!!!!! My car is not going to know what to do on Monday. It is so used to driving over to the hospital three days a week. What will be helpful is seeing my niece play BB Monday afternoon. Let's just praise the Lord!!!!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THhat is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you!