Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Albino Skunk

My dad has set up a couple of raccoon traps. Raccoons have gotten into my bedroom and bathroom ceiling again. They got up there a few years ago, and I can see on a daily basis the proof they left of them living there. I have yellow spots on my bathroom ceiling from the raccoons. There is a trap next to the tree in front of my window out front. My dad caught a skunk last night/this morning. This skunk is an albino skunk, white with a black strip down the middle. I took a pic of it in the cage, and found a pick of one and a regular skunk online. My dad needs to decide what to do with the skunk. As long as he is in the cage/trap, the skunk can not spray anybody, because he can not get his tail up all the way, so he can spray.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is an old blog, but came across it looking for some info. The skunk your dad found is actually a hooded or hog-nosed skunk. Albino skunks are completely white with no black what so ever and they have red eyes.

Anonymous said...

I live in toms river Nj and just saw a baby albino skunk at 2:30am I was shocked. In curious how rare are they ? Jhot2160

suzisuzanne said...

932We just saw a dead white skunk along the road today with a black stripe. This was on Wall Triana Hwy between Madison and Harvest, in north Alabama (about ten miles below Tennessee border, and about five miles north of Huntsville, Alabama) We would have taken a picture, but nowhere to pull off in commute traffic, and it was pretty smelly. Never heard of one before. Thanks for the information.