Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday Morning

Friday morning I had a voicemail on my cell phone from my mom. She called to give me a number that was on the answering machine. It was a number for a middle school in Charlotte, NC. I called and left a message, for somebody who was on lunch break. She didn't call me back until Sunday evening. I felt bad talking to her, because there was an echo on my end of my cell phone. We scheduled a time for the principal to call me for Tuesday afternoon to do an interview.

Tuesday came and went. No phone call. I kept the phone next to me for a couple of hours. I called the school and spoke with the prinicpal yesterday afternoon. He had been out of office, got the note to call me, but there was no date or time telling him when to call. He set a time for 9 am this morning to do the interview.

I took a pain pill for my headache around 9 am this morning. I had the phone next to me, no phone call. I called the school a little before 10:30 am. He was called in for a meeting, and had just walked in not too long before I called him. We started the interview, and I lost connection on my cell phone. He called me back on the home line, and we finished the iterview. He wants to make his decision within the next few days about the 7th grade science position. He said he enjoyed talking to me, and thinks I would fit in at his school. Should know next week, if I got the job.

I made a few phone calls, and had to fax something up to EMU for them to fill out and fax back to me and down to NC. I do not have my NC teaching certificate and have to get it with help from the Human Resources down in NC.

I went ahead and rescheduled my appointment to see my surgeon for the 30th of this month. I was already scheduled for September 10. There are medical decisions to be made if I do move. Will see what happens in the next week.

I guess you can say the morning was kind of exciting. To top it off, a pipe from the well broke and we have no water. That is getting fixed and will have water in a couple of hours.

No comments: