Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July Onc Visit

I saw my onc this morning. I have lost another 6 pounds in the past month. That is now a total of 48 pounds in the past year that I have lost. He made a comment about my weight loss this morning, the first time. I told him that I am trying to loose weight. He said loosing it in the increments I am is good. He also told me, I should switch over to diet pop. I like pop too much to give it up, but I have cut back on it. I don't mind drinking diet Dr. P or diet 7up, not sure about diet Pepsi. I do better some days than I do other days.

For the past few days, I've been worried about getting a bad report on my scans, so I rode into town with mom just in case. Scans are good. They are the same as last time. There are still tiny nodules in my lungs, and they haven't grown. My onc did say that my spleen is slightly enlarged. He doesn't know why, and he isn't going to do anything about it right now. Since I am not showing any symptoms, he will not have it taken out.

I did have a headache yesterday, first one in 10 days. I didn't take anything til about 4 pm. My biggest complaint is the fatigue. I do get headaches, my temp does go up a bit, and my stomach bothers me. Those are my side effects.

From this good news, I am still NED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been NED for almost 10 months.

My counts are doing fine, nothing to worry about. I did talk to the onc about moving to NC. He said it is no problem, if I do. I see him again on August 15, if I don't' move. My next set of scans will be at the end of October, within a month after finishing up Interferon.

No comments: