Sunday, July 27, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Friday, was my 37th birthday. I had to go into town in the morning to have blood drawn and receive my Interferon injection. I receive birthday wishes throughout the day. That night, a small group from my class at church met at Panchos (Mexican place) for supper. We had fun at supper. They even had a cake for me. There were 7 of us, five ladies and two men. I received a great big bag of runts and a AMC gift card,a gift card to a restaurant, a new journal, stickers, and a small frame, and lots of warm wishes. Runts are candy, and I carry a bag of them in my purse, for when my fatigue level goes up. Sucking on a couple of runts is better than drinking pop.

After supper, we drove to a bowling alley to go bowling. 8 people bowled, and we used two lanes. We had so much fun bowling. We were basically evenly matched on both lanes. My first game, I bowled a 104, and like a 92 on the second game. I did throw a couple of strikes and a few spares. A lot of us were robbed of strikes and spares. We laughed and got to know one another more. there is a slide show below about bowling.



Yesterday, I went and spent a good hour with my brother. I did the usual, read to him, gave and received hugs, and sang into his ear. It had been a couple of weeks since I had seen him.





I turned on tv last night around 7 pm, in time for the game to start, and received a big shock. The Cleveland Indians traded Casey Blake to the Dodgers. That was a big mistake. I am very upset with them!!!!!! So what, Blake is going to be 36 next month and is a free agent at the end of the season, he can hit and play defense. Marte can't play nor can he hit. He has been showing that for the past 3 years. Sowers needs to go as well, he can't pitch. I like Mastny, but he hasn't pitched well all season. Do we get anybody who can play now for us? No, all we get from these trades, are prospects. We need people who can play now, not prospects. As you can see, I am not very happy.

This afternoon, my sister and family, an aunt and uncle came over for lunch. We had "The Works", whole roasted chicken, dressing, mashed potatoes for lunch. There was also corn on the cob, which my niece loves, and watermelon to eat. The watermelon was my cake. My gifts, a nice Minnie Mouse teacher figurine, stickers, photo album, clothes, and a new necklace.

I had a nice birthday this year. The only low spot, is the big mistake the Indians made. I should hopefully know later this week, if I am moving down to N.C. or not.

No comments: