Friday, July 25, 2008

Changes

Today is my 37th birthday. I've been counting down like I do every year. I look forward to my birthday. I usually start the countdown two months in advance. My niece and I both look forward to our birthdays.

I received a phone call late Wednesday afternoon, from Charlotte. My name was taken off the list of the middle school I was supposed to teach 6th grade Language Arts. Because I said that was my weak spot, they decided to try to find me a different position. I'm okay with that. If I am going to be departmentalized, then I need to be teaching my strength, not my weak area.

I was trying to take a nap this afternoon, when my cell phone rang. I missed it and it went to voice mail. I called back, and it was a Principal at a different middle school. She did a quick screening interview. This opening is for 6th science. She said the AP might call me back later and do a full phone interview.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Happy Birthday!!! Jacob now shares your special day with you! Pretty Cool:)

Taylor said...

Happy birthday, Christina! Michael and I are praying for you!
~Taylor