Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Texas

A week ago, I left for TX. Yes, my leg did swell up, and is still swollen. But, the swelling is going down. Just chilled Wednesday night.

Thursday, did a bit of running around, got ice cream in the afternoon. S came over and had supper with K and myself, Thursday evening. That was an added bonus, since we weren't expecting to see her until Friday. In the afternoon, K and I played Phase 10. After supper, all three of us played Phase 10. I had a phone interview Thursday morning, at 9 am CST. It went okay. Lasted about 15 minutes. I only have subbing experience at being self-contained and I think that puts me at a disadvantage. My experience is mainly departmentalization. I have another phone interview tomorrow at 9 am EST. This one is for 7th grade science.

Friday morning, got a hour massage, was so needed. I had so many knots that I needed to get rid of. Met S for lunch at Corner Bakery. We sat there and talked. Then the three of us walked around the mall. I got an early birthday present. There is a store, called As Seen on TV. My friend bought me the Pediegg. It does work on the calluses and dry skin on your heels. Won't be throwing away the Callex, because that helps to soften and smooth out the skin. Got to see S's new house in the afternoon. Beautiful house. S and her husband, and myself went to see "Bye, Bye Birdie". It was done at a high school, a cousin of his was in the show. It was good.

Saturday, we went to a wedding. A friend I have known for seven years got married that afternoon. The ceremony was nice. While the Bride and Groom did the unity sand and took communion, the rest of us sang three worship songs. That was a nice touch. As they walked back down the aisle, it was to an Elvis song. That same song was what they sang to for their first dance. I had a piece of the Groom's cake, because it was chocolate. The top part of the cake, was like a Monopoly gameboard, but it was called Pierceopoly. The bride and groom's car was decorated with baby stuff.

Sunday, went to in the morning. I saw a few people, and surprised a few. The sermon was from Exodus 20:7, the third commandment, taking God's name in vain. Good sermon. Yes, who I wanted to hear, did preach. Something I learned, if one goes to church with the wrong attitude, then one is taking God's name in vain. That goes with worshipping God, if your mind is on other things than God and the words you are snging, you are not glorifying God. I would say that goes with reading God's word and having a quiet time as well. I did get to speak to my pastor. I told him, that I had been looking forward to hearing him preach.

After church, had lunch at CiCi's Pizza, my favorite restaurant. K and I rented two movies Saturday night. We watched No Reservations Saturday night, and Freedom Writers Sunday afternoon. Both were good movies. Went for a walk Sunday afternoon. When you spend time away from TX, you forget about the heat. Since the line of dividing arid and humidity is just west of Fort Worth, I think the heat is a combination of arid and humidity. It was hot! hot! hot! down there, hitting 100 degrees. In the evening, we met S for ice cream and sat outside. It was nice then. After getting back to K's house, we played Phase 10 outside and it was a very enjoyable evening.

Monday, I was able to see L and her baby. We spent about an hour together. We had breakfast and a nice visit.

I had labs drawn this morning and my first Interferon injection in a week. I was able to make cookies this afternoon. My fatigue level is up and I have a headache. It is not as intense as it can get, but I took a painpill anyway after supper.

No comments: