Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm moving!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte, NC here I come! I received a phone call this morning from Charlotte. I've been assigned a school for this coming school year. I will be teaching 6th grade at a middle school in Huntersville, NC. I've been assigned to teach language arts. That is a joke! I laughed, while I was on the phone this morning when I was told language arts. I apologized to the lady, saying I wasn't trying to be rude, but writing and grammar is my weak spot. My strengths are science, math, and social studies. I can do reading, I've been big on reading passages when I taught science in Dallas. Hopefully, the subject area is not definite.

There is paperwork to do on my end and their end. My teaching certificate for NC will be for K-6. I was printing up some forms this morning, but I need help in figuring out where they are to be sent to. I've been doing things online, and making phone calls. I've left a message for this onc in Charlotte, because I have to transfer my care to someone down there. I moved up my appointment with my onc here by a week, from the 15th to the 8th. I will take a break again in taking Interferon, don't know for how long.

Will be leaving Friday, August 8, or Saturday, August 9 for NC. I already have word in with an apartment locator so that I can can look at apartments that weekend, choose one and move in, hopefully, August 11 or 12. New Teacher Orientation is August 13-15. Teachers start back on August 18, and students start back on August 25.

There is a lot to do. Have to think about what clothes to pack. Pack up my scrapbooking supplies. Work in the basement, figure out what school supplies and other school stuff I want to take with me. Figure out what other stuff I will need to take with me. Both of my parents will be moving me down there, because of needing to take my furniture down there.

I am excited about this, if you can't tell. I get the joy of looking for a church this fall. I haven't told the school district that I am in treatment for cancer. I have just under 3 months left of Interferon injections. I don't want to go too long without injections, because of teaching all day and getting used to the interferon again is not fun. Won't know until I get down there who will do the injections.

Thank you for your prayers during the past two years in looking for a job and then being diagnosed with cancer. I still need prayers. Father thank you for all of this.

No comments: