Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Surgeon

I saw my surgeon this morning. I had actually moved up the appointment by six weeks. He says I look good. The hole looks great and so does my right groin. I do not have to go back, unless I feel I need to. He did tell me a couple of things: 1. About once a week, look at the hole, check it out, because if the melanoma every comes back, it will show up first in the hole, where it was originally. 2. Once I am done loosing the weight I want to loose, I can make an appointment, and they can see about doing surgery with the loose skin there in the hole area. That will be a couple of years yet, though.

My goal in loosing weight, is to loose at least 100 more pounds. That would put me at my high school weight, but still more than I should be for my height. I would love to loose more than that, but will take what I can get.

Have had a few more phone calls from NC. Two offers to teach Kinder or first grade, and I said no. Looks like, probably middle school (6th grade) maybe math. Still don't know yet. I will get in touch with a onc down there, when I know for sure.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

So glad to here that the medical stuff is looking good. Praying for your furture job!
~Taylor