Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Drain Tubes

I had a doctors appointment this morning. My appointment was for 10:45 am. They were running behind. I wasn't called back until a little after twelve. I saw the resident. She stripped the tubes. She said the tubes need to stay in for at least another week. We are ready for them to come out. I read on the MPIP board, that the longer they stay in, the less likely of getting lyphodema. The only swelling I have is in my thigh, and that is due to having surgery.

I am having seepage from the two drain sites. I have more seepage with the one on the left, and that is the one that doesn't hurt. The one on the right, have less seepage and that one hurts, stings, bothers me. I do feel a tightness in my leg.

My mom wants me sleeping upstairs. I tell, I am not ready to try to sleep in my bed. Going up a step bothers me. She talked to dad about taking one of the recliners upstairs to my room, so that I can sleep in the recliner. They would love for me to be working. I would too, but I'm not going to with drain tubes coming out of me.

Dr. Lewis said to keep my leg elevated, which I do. I am supposed to become more active, but when I do, there is more seepage. Mom had to do a load of laundary on Monday, because of the seepage.

Lord, thank you that I do not have much swelling. Please let me not have a problem with swelling later on in my life. You have a plan for all of this. I still do not see how having cancer is part of your plan for my life.

No comments: