Friday, October 19, 2007

Less Pain, More Swelling

I was called this morning, but turned it down, didn't like the assignment. Was called again later, this time around 6:30 am. This job was for elementary art, at one school. Better than yesterday, which was two different schools. Mom said last night that she would drive me today. I got mom up after 7 am, so we could leave by 7:30 am. I had five classes of art, plus 15 minutes of recess duty. I did a lot of sitting, but also some walking around.

Mom picked me close to 3 pm, and we went to the pharmacy I got my stockings from, because the doctor wants me to start wearing it, and it doesn't fit. We can only return one, the one not opened. My leg was measured, and given a different one to put on, and it didn't fit. I had to make an appointment for next week to be measured for a stocking to be special ordered-made to fit my leg. We looked at my leg to measure it and to try the stocking, and saw how swollen my foot, ankle, and lower leg was. I have done more the past 3 days than I did the past 3 weeks. After we came home, mom wrapped my lower leg, ankle, and foot with the two ace bandages we have. I sat in mom's recliner,except for supper and now sitting here at the computer.

Earlier today, mom and dad moved one of the old recliners out of the living room upstairs to my bedroom. I will be sleeping upstairs again, but I am not going to use my bed just yet.

Less pain today. Still hurts though. I take it easy sitting down and standing up.

No comments: