Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Pathology Report

I had two doctor appointments this morning, one at 9 am and the other at 9:45 am. I was late to the second one. Which is okay, since I have to wait longer in the waiting room to see the doctor. I saw the onc first. He shared some good news with us. He'd thought we had already heard the news. My lymph nodes came back clear! No cancer was found in them. The pathologist did see some bengin stuff looking like sarcoid. (The doctor I saw for second opinion back in August said I might have sarcoid.) The onc wanted blood drawn to be tested for sarcoid. I will find out in a couple of days if I have sarcoid. I am not completely sure what it is. Sarcoid can be found anywhere in the body. By doing immunotherapy, the sarcoid can become active, and that is something to watch for. One symptom of sarcoid is a nagging cough, which I have had since I was a kid. As of now, the high dose of the interferon (immunotherapy) is scheduleded to start Monday, October 22. Each treatment will last about 3 hours. I will go to the 7th floor of City Hospital to recieve my treatment. The nurse went over the side effects with us this morning. She is going to fax us the schedule for treatments and office visits tomorrow.

My second appointment was to see the surgeon and the resident. My incision is looking good. Both of my parents have seen it. It is normal to have redness arond the drain sites. I showed both the surgeon and the resident my blisters. Once I have healed from the blisters, I have to try the stocking again, and if it is still way too tight and causing problems, then I have to be remeasured for it. I saw some redness above my right heal this afternoon. So that means all of the ace bandages are off of my leg. My leg is supposed to be wrapped, but if I want the sores to heal, I can't have them wrapped.

The resident decided to leave the drains in for at least another week. She said I am still draining too much. For the drains to come out, I am to only drain 30cc (30mL) total for both drains per day. I drain between 60cc-100+cc per day.

Mom, Dad, and myself went out to lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse today. I called it a celebration lunch.

Holy Father, thank you for answering my prayer the way I wanted it answered. You know I didnt' want this surgery, but if I didnt' have it, I'd be wondering if any lymph nodes would be cancerous or not. Thank you for no more surgeries. Lord, if I do have sarcoid, please do not let it become an issue.

1 comment:

Suzan and Christopher Hallam said...

Great News. Hope you conmtinue to get better and the danged blisters go away.

Suzan