Thursday, October 04, 2007

To Cut or Not To Cut That is the Question

I read the MPIP board numerous times while I am on the computer every day. I just recently found out about a side effect of Interferon from reading the posts. It is hair falling out-thinning. Becoming bald is a side effect. The thinning of the hair can vary in how bad it is from person to person. From the posts I have been reading, the thinning starts around month 3 of the treatment. I called to ask the nurse of onc about it.

I love having my long hair. I have had long hair for over 20 years. From kindergarten to fourth grade, my hair was short. When I was in the fourth grade, I started to letting it grown long. My hair goes to my mid back/bra strap area of my back. Last weekend, it was difficult to brush my hair. It took me awhile.

I will not know how the side effects will be for me until I start the treatments later this month. If I am feeling crappy for a long period of time, having short hair would be easier to take care of. I do not know what to do.

Lord, should I cut my hair? What is it you want me to do? Please give me wisdome in knowing what to do. Amen. If I do cut it, I want to cut enough to donate it to Locks of Love.

No comments: