Saturday, October 27, 2007

End of Week 1

One week down of high dose and three weeks to go. Thank you Father, for letting yesterday be and easy day for me. I was cold all afternoon, and I did have a headache. I did take a pain pill in the afternoon. Last night went to my niece's open house at her school. I saw my best friend and her family. I took pics of my niece's work that was being shown. Who else did I see? The p.e. teacher, music teacher, and sixth grade teacher. Why do I mention them? Because I had them when I was a student at that school back in the early 80's.

Last night, my high school and played my mom's high school. We went to arch rival high schools. They play for bragging rights and a bell. We drove past the game on the way home, my team was winning at the time, but alas, my team couldn't keep the lead.

I slept in my bed last night, first time in a month. I can't sleep on my right side, but can on my left side and most of the night on my back. During the week, I will sleep in the recliner, because of the needle connected to the port.

I drove today, and went to Wal-mart and the grocery store. I took my time. Tomorrow, I am going to church in the morning, and will probably go to my parent's church for the evening service. I had a small headache this morning. I haven't been cold, no shakes. I have felt great today. My stomach has bothered me a bit today. Father, thank you for allowing me to have a great weekend, and not feeling any of the side effects.

In the past week, the colors have really been changing. I was driving up the driveway this afternoon, and the tree behind the house, just looked gorgeous. This is what I have missed the whole time I lived in TX. Fall is my favorite season.

I had sent out a mass email before coming to my blog asking people to pray, because I found a hard area in my upper thigh going towards the groin. I felt in the same area on my left thigh, nothing is hard, just soft. This could be nothing, but I am going to ask the nurse at the hospital Monday morning, when I go in for my treatment. If the nurse thinks I should get it checked out, I will see if I can get in to see my surgeon Wednesday morning. I don't have to see him until November 14. I do see my onc this next Thursday morning. I do not want any new problems. Lord, I give this to you, and please help me not to worry about it.

No comments: