Tuesday, October 23, 2007

HD: Day 1 & 2

This week is the first week of the high dose. I have had two treatments so far. I am getting 49 million units of Interferon. First a needle was inserted into my port yesterday morning, and it will stay in till Friday morning. I am supposed to keep that area dry when I bathe, but the saran wrap and tape doesn't want to stay very well.

I am given fluids (saline) to flush my port, then the Interferon takes 30 minutes to run through the IV. Then I am given a shot of saline and a shot of hepron (for anticlotting).

Before the Interferon was done yesterday, I felt tired, but after I got home, I couldn't really sleep, though I did try. I get the shakes, I don't always feel cold, but I shake like crazy, with teeth chattering. I finally stopped last night after supper, when I covered up with a heavier blanket. I also have had a headache. I take Tyneol, but the headache is still there. It does become a dull ache, but it is still there.

Today, I didn't get tired, but I did take a short nap this afternoon. I have had a headache and my lower back has hurt. I was shaking with teeth chattering this morning, before I even left the hospital. I came home, and covered up with two blankets. The shaking stopped, and started up a tiny bit before I fell asleep this afternoon. I spent a good part of the day in my dad's recliner today, covered up with two blankets, the viberator and heat on. That has helped my back.

I am going to Biblestudy tonight, will have a blanket with him, to wrap up with. I will get more side effects as time goes along. I will have these side effects for the next year. Please keep me in your prayers about the side effects.

No comments: