Wednesday, October 17, 2007

They are out!

The drain tubes came out this morning. I didn't think they would, but they did. The seepage had tremoudously decreased in the past week. I think that was the deciding factor with the resident for them to come out. I took a pain pill first, and waited about 15 minutes to let it start to take effect first. A different doctor took out the one of the left first, didn't hurt, but it sure did squirt out fluid, more than he was expecting. The one on the right (the one that hurts) hurt a lot! It didn't seem to want to come out at first. I really felt that one! It is good to have them out. It still hurts a bit to walk, and still fights a bit tight, but that will now start to go away.

The resident wants me to wear the stocking now. She said to put the ointment and a gauze pad over the blisters before putting on the stocking. The stocking doesn't fit. Mom and I have to take it back over where we got it from on Friday, so I can be resized/meaasured again for it.

I start my treatment on Monday. The high dose for interferon. I will write more about that next week.

Indians won again last night, 7-3. They have now won 3 games in a row. If they win tomorrow night, then they will go to the World Series and play the Colorado Rockies. I hope they will win. I do hope C.C. is on his game tomorrow night.

No comments: